Sunday, April 13, 2008

The Green Team

Daddy & Ryan watering the Rose Tree~2006

Ok, so how many of you actually knew that Chris has a "green thumb"? Yes, it's true!! My husband has many talents but the one that stands out this time of year is his passion for planting flowers and landscaping. During our renting days, Chris would always day dream of owning a house and land where he could plant his own gardens. He would keep himself content with planting mini roses and plants in pots. We have so many pots that now sit in our garage because that's all we could use at the apartment. As soon as we moved into this house in 2005, he quickly started planning our rose garden. The following Spring we ordered several large rose bushes and planted them along our house. Each year they grow larger and more beautiful because of the love and care he puts into them. Many of you might be wondering if I share this same passion? No, sadly, I do not. Not very good at keeping plants alive. I love to stand back and admire his work!

That same Spring he decided to plant a wild flower garden in the back of the house. From day one, our little Ryan has been involved with this beautiful garden. I call them my "green team" because Ryan already at 2 years old is showing that same passion with flowers as his Daddy. It is so neat to watch the two of them take care of the plants. The following pictures are of Ryan and Daddy planting the Wild Flower Garden in 2006 and how great it turned out!


the planting begins...

Daddy's Little Helper!

The Green Team's beautiful garden!



Spring~2008

Ryan and Chris started their planting season indoors this year! We got Ryan a little pot that comes with soil and lavender seeds. This weekend Daddy decided to help Ryan put the lavender seed in the pot and they also planted a few more things. Mommy wasn't excited that they did this indoors but in the end it was fun to watch them plant the little seeds! Enjoy the following pics of Ryan with his indoor lavender plant! :)

Plants need soil...
and water...

lots of TLC...
..and the sun!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is pretty cool to have a house with a Rose Garden. Your baby looks great too and Congratulations MOMMY!
How's your lavender doing in your country?

Lavender seeds take longer to germinate in Asia. Care to visit my squid at www.squidoo.com/grow-herb-seeds

gretchens31giftspage said...

Very pretty! How wonderful for you and what a wonderful way to have "Daddy and Me" time. I must admit, I am a it jealous... I kill plastic plants :-)

christy | brides to booties said...

I can't believe how grown up Ryan is! That's a really neat "tradition" to continue with him! Nice work Chris! I remember you guys had the prettiest entrance way at E@E with the roses in pots around your door and up your walkway!!!

M.Gunn said...

Beautiful garden!

That's so cool that we're due the same day :-) Goodluck to you and please keep me in mind when you have your daugther as I make adorable infant barrettes!
www.chesapeakeribbons.com

Jenni said...

Hey Bobbi - thanks for your comment on my blog. And your family is so cute! beautiful flowers. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your most recent comment on my blog! I just had to share those stories.

To answer your questions, I do not know what I am having so I am really getting excited now. Nick was born on 7/8/2005 - so great minds think alike right!? Our children will be the same ages, lol.

I hope to post a picture this week of my pregnancy this time around so stay posted.

Oh, and don't forget that my cyber baby shower starts on the 28th - so you can win some great prizes!

Also...I live in Exton, not far from you & I think I have met your friend Gretchen w/Thirty-One. Long story short, she contacted me about partnering w/Moxie Moms (moms group I organize) and I will be meeting her a friend's party soon....

Small world!
Margie