Thursday, April 30, 2009

PSU Blue & White Game ~ 2009

Once again, we packed up our Penn State gear and headed to State College, PA for the annual Blue & White Game!

It was a beautiful summer-like day on Saturday, April 25th and over 75,000+ fans, students and alumni showed up for game. The atmosphere in Happy Valley felt like a Fall football game with the parking lots packed with tailgaters and parties galore!


At the end of the game (we arrived just in time to view the second half), Ryan, Chris and Pop-Pop High went down on the field to walk around. Ryan LOVED it!


Future PSU football player? (he is so little that I think maybe just a punter!)


Isn't this picture the cutest?! The famous TUNNEL. Well ok, it's cute except for the bums of the other fans and the profile shot of the random woman...otherwise, I love this photo of Ryan and his Pop-Pop. Their first time walking through The Tunnel together.


Our trip to Beaver Stadium would not have been complete without a family photo at the JoePa statue. Kara had fallen asleep as we walked out of the stadium. She looks so precious in this photo!


Here is our 2008 photo! I thought I'd include this picture to show how much Ryan has grown in the past year....and how much my tummy has shrunk! I was 8 months pregnant in this photo. Now if only I could get these hips (and the tummy!) to shrink some more! haha...


Grandma and Pop-Pop High decided to attend the game this year too. I convinced them that they needed a photo with the JoePa statue...and I think they will agree, it's a great photo!



We spent the remainder of the day doing a little shopping and walking around the campus. Then ended the day with a trip to The Creamery for a yummy treat!


In keeping with a new tradition, I decided to create a montage of the pictures and video taken from our fun-filled day in State College. Enjoy!




Missed my post about our trip to Penn State for the Blue and White Game last year? Click HeRe to view it.


No comments: