Friday, January 16, 2009

Happy 7 months!


Dear Family and Friends,

This week I turned 7 months old. Mommy and Daddy can't believe how quickly I am growing up. I can sit up all by myself now. I love to talk and just last night I said "mama" but only my mommy heard me. Sorry Grandma. Maybe next time I will repeat it when mommy calls you on the phone. I was more interested in eating the phone then talking last night!

I love to sing all the time and really loud. I think my brother Ryan is super funny but sometimes he can be bossy by telling me NO KARA when I touch his toys. He likes to come in to say good morning to me when I wake up. He plays with me and makes me smile every day! I just wish he wouldn't grab my arms sometimes.

I am getting my two bottom teeth and they hurt really bad. I love to chew on everything, especially my teething rings right from the fridge. I hope these teeth pop soon so I can feel better. I think mommy and daddy are hoping they do too.

Today, I had to see the doctor to get my weight checked again. The doctor told mommy and daddy to try stage 1 foods now. This is what happened tonight when mommy gave me SQUASH!

I am still a peanut. I only gained 2 ounces from last month. The doctor says I look really healthy and he is not concerned about my weight. He thinks I will gain more with eating solids three times a day. My mommy said I will be trying cereal with applesauce tomorrow. I don't like cereal but the applesauce sounds yummy!

Bathtime is my favorite time of the day.


Bright light! My mommy likes this picture because it shows my pretty green eyes.

She also likes this one because of my long eye lashes.

Here are a few more pictures of me eating my first vegetable. Can you tell how much I liked it?

I also love to hold the spoon and try to feed myself. Mommy says I need more practice.

Can you believe my mommy let me get this messy? She can't believe it either!

My story wouldn't be complete without a picture of me crying. Being cranky is my claim to fame. No more squash, give me the MILK!

The End.


7 comments:

Nikki said...

I'm so glad you outed yourself on my blog! It's always fun to get new readers ;) If I do decide to go private I'll add you to the list. Now that I know about you, you'll have to leave a comment from time to time!

Nikki said...

Oh-and your kids are super cute!

christy | brides to booties said...

Happy 7 months Kara! You are growing up too quickly! I LOVE your first food pictures! Hope you enjoyed your cereal and applesauce this morning!!

Mrs. Schaeffer said...

So sweet. Happy 7th month, Kara!

Lori-ann said...

AWWW!!! What a cutie! I can't believe she's that small either. But at least her doctor isn't concerned and that's a good thing. She has the most beautiful eyes. :)

Jenni said...

Awwwwwwwwwe that was such a cute post!!! Kara you sure keep your mama busy that is for sure. Glad to see you liked your veggies. Hopefully those teeth will stop bugging you soon too!

Anonymous said...

Ummmmm....I don't think I've ever seen squash so masterfully spread on a baby before. Wowza!
Found ya at BSU!