Wednesday, August 13, 2008

It's a "Joovy" kind of day!

We received our new stroller last week and I couldn't wait to take it out for a test drive. Chris put it together on Saturday and we decided to give it a try at the local mall later that evening. We were a little worried if Ryan would stay on the back of the stroller. He did well except for when he would see a store he wanted to go in (the book and toy stores!) and jump off the back while in motion. We had to explain to him several times that he must ask first if he wants to get off. He isn't a fan of boo-boos so when I told him that he could get a boo-boo if he fell, he pretty much stayed on after that! :)

I told myself that I would take the kiddies for a walk everyday (as weather or time permits)once the stroller arrived. Sunday, Lauren came over for lunch and then we got a quick walk done in between rain storms. We had a bit of cold front come through over the weekend and we had an interesting few days of fall like weather. It was a welcome change from the record 90 degree weather we've had in July and early August. It was very strange to wear sweatshirts in August though?!

Monday morning I fed the kids, packed some water for Ryan and I and headed out for another walk around the neighborhood. It was still 60 degree weather that morning so I had to make sure they were both bundled up. Kara looked so cute in her sweater jacket (it was Ryan's when he was baby- it's nice to be able to reuse it for Kara now).


Ryan can sit or stand. So far he prefers to sit except when he wants to play with Kara's feet!


Cozy baby and silly boy!


She sure loves her car seat!

Tuesday was a day of rest! I had a few errands to run and that's enough exercise for me after taking both shopping by myself. I get a great arm workout with lugging Kara in her car seat around and great leg work as I try to keep Ryan from running all around the store! Sadly, I don't look forward to shopping anymore! :(

Today, Lauren came over again for lunch (Lauren-thanks for the yummy pizza and watermelon!!) and a walk. She and her fiance have started the process of finding their first home and were thinking about purchasing a home in our area. We decided to go check out a few because they were within walking distance from my house. We started our walk with a trip to see a small pond with duckies. I brought some bread so Ryan could feed them. It was fun to watch him feed the ducks and see the excitement in his face as they would come close to get the food! We thought the houses wouldn't be too far but we ended up taking a VERY long walk. We walked at least 2 miles which isn't too bad but when half the walk is uphill, that's tough with pushing two little ones in a stroller. The Joovy is 21 pounds (and we got the ultralight weight one- can you image the weight of the original Joovy?!), add a 30 pound little boy and 8 (we think) pound baby and you have almost 60 pounds of weight!! Lauren and I were very sweaty and tired at the end of that walk. Both Kara and Ryan were ready to be done by the end as well. I am sure I will feel the pain tomorrow but it was worth it. I think we might stick to our normal course next time and visit the playground!


Our community ducks!

Ryan really enjoyed feeding the duckies!


I'm HUNGRY!

I DON'T WANT TO GO HOME!

We ALL had a good rest after this walking adventure!

3 comments:

Cristina G. said...

it's the first time i read a blog about family.. nice idea!:) good luck!

christy | brides to booties said...

Bobbi - looks like the whole fam is enjoying the Joovy!! Good purchase!

Jenni said...

What a fun stroller! I can't believe it weighs 25 lbs! And does Kara still only weigh 8 lbs? You are lucky! Preston is now a whopping 13 lbs! He isn't chunky at all, he is just super long (tall).

That picture with the pond is beautiful. And brrrrr 60 degrees is so cold for summertime! Brrr!