Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!


Today is MOMMY DAY!! I hope all the moms reading this post had a wonderful Mother's Day and got some much deserved love and attention today!

My Mother's Day was great this year! The boys let me sleep in and surprised me with breakfast in bed (they brought up orange sweet rolls they made and a large glass of yummy cold milk!~I know some would say that's not a good breakfast! But to an 8 months pregnant mama who can't get enough milk and sweets!- it was a VERY good breakfast!). They also made me a card and flower! It was so creative and I was touched that they made a gift that will last forever instead of buying flowers that will only live for a week or so!

All was going well until Ryan decided he didn't want to sit on the bed with me anymore and flipped his legs over the side to get down. As he was climbing off the bed, he accidently hit the tray that was holding my breakfast and knocked my milk over! Well we all know that carpets and milk DO NOT mix so Chris quickly cleaned up the mess while I took Ryan into his room to get dressed for the day. I also had the "you have to be careful and pay attention to what you're doing" talk with him but at 2 years old, he doesn't fully understand. As the old saying goes, "No need to cry over spilled milk"...but it was sad because it looked so yummy and it was the last glass of milk in the house. (until we went grocery shopping this evening) Do you have a funny or crazy Mother's Day story to share? Please tell me all about it in the comment section below this post! Here are a few pictures of my beautiful and creative gifts...

Ryan with the flower he and Daddy made this morning for me.


the beautiful card Ryan made with Daddy's help, the Mother's Day gift (flower pot) he made at school, and the beautiful card Chris gave me

Other highlights of today:
  • We went to the Cloister Car Wash to get the Acura cleaned and found out that they were giving FREE carwashes to all the Mom's today! WOOHOO...the car was cleaned for free
  • We finally after 2 months of searching, found Ryan his "big boy" furniture. It will be delivered on June 5th! I can't wait to put the finishing touches on his new room.
  • Chris made my favorite dinner, roast beef with potatoes and carrots. YUMMY!! I can't get enough of meat and potatoes with this pregnancy.

Thank you Chris and Ryan for giving me a fun filled but also very relaxing day. It truly was wonderful and I love you guys very much. Hugs & Kisses to you both!

No comments: