Friday, February 20, 2009

~ Weekend in Review ~


My weekend started with a much needed Mommy Night Out! My two best buds, Wendall and Jammers (my creative nicknames), decided earlier in the week that we should all meet at a local restaurant for dinner. Due to Kara's qualms with taking a bottle, I wasn't able to stay out late. I guess you could call it a mini night out. Whatever you call it, it's a night out and I was sooooooooooo happy to get a few hours away.

Jamye and I arrived at the restaurant a little after 7pm. Thank goodness we choose a restaurant that accepted reservations because the place was packed! We quickly scanned the crowd for Wendy but didn't see her. We figured she was just going to be little late and got seated without her.

I forgot to bring my camera to document dinner...sorry. Just so you have faces to the names: here are the three my beautiful baby shower that Wendy and Jamye threw for me exactly one week to the day before I went into labor with Kara. Wendy is located on the left and Jamye on the right in the above photo. I think it's funny that we decided to do a mommy night out a week after Kara turned 8 months old. Is she really 8 months old already?!

After several attempts to get ahold of Wendy, we gave up and ordered our food. We kept joking that we got STOOD UP on Mommy's Night Out! Around 8:30 pm, Wendy finally called us back and apologized for not making it. Turns out she got stuck at work and she has an hour commute so it would just be Jammers and me for dinner. We were sad she couldn't make it but it just gives us an excuse to organize another night out...thanks Wendy!

We decided to splurge and ordered steaks for dinner but we were disappointed when they came out way too black on the outside! I ordered a petite filet mignon and wasn't about to let 20 something bucks go down the drain so I ate it. It tasted like ash. Jamye and I worked together at a Country Club while in high school and college and we can't help but feel bad when it comes to complaining about food while out to eat. So we lied each time the server asked us if everything was ok. Just a little white lie because the rest of the dinner was quite yummy!

We splurged a little more and got dessert. Jamye ordered a chocolate mousse bocce ball and I couldn't resist the peanut butter fudge cake....they were heaven. As we ate dessert, the manager stopped by our table to ask us what our thoughts were on dinner and our service. Not wanting to make a big deal about the steaks, we fibbed again and said it was good. We thought she would move on to the next table, but she stayed a little longer and asked a few more questions. Some how she got us to confess that our steaks were not up to par and she whisked our check away to comp the food! We sat there slightly embarrassed but also relieved because the truth was out and we didn't have to pay for the yucky steaks! Our bill at the end of the night came out to be a little over $20 for everything. WooHoo!

Halfway through dessert, I received a text from Chris...this is the pix/text:

"Time is UP!"

Nice, huh? My husband has a way with words and pictures...

It was bedtime and I was needed back home. Those 2.5 hours went way to fast. It was great to get out and even better to spend some much needed time with my best friend. Thanks for the ride and the laughs Jammers. I love you bud!


I started my morning with a trip to the hospital to have 5 tubes of blood drawn. I am having some issues with joint pain and my family doctor decided to have a few tests run to rule out Lyme Disease and Arthritis. More on this later...

Chris had plans to help my cousin, Sahira with her Chemistry that afternoon. While the kiddies napped, I cleaned. That's what weekends are for lately...this house is NEVER clean during the week. It's just impossible to keep up with when it's two (kiddies) to one (me). I need Chris or someone to even out the score and then things get done!

Saturday night I caved under pressure and joined....

I know...what was I thinking? Just another thing to keep up with. My reasons for joining were to keep up to date with events that were happening with Penn State Berks Campus and just like everyone else on there, to see what the people from my high school days were up too. Several months ago, I was asked to help out with events at PSU and also for my 15 year HS reunion. It seems Facebook is the place to go when you need to get the word out about events these days. My guess would be because your almost certain everyone has page. For example, I had over 30+ emails from people I knew in school asking me to add them to my page within 24 hours of creating my profile. CRAZY! The main difference between Facebook and Myspace (which I will never join) is that you need to be a member with Facebook to view people's pages. So I kinda had no choice but to join if I wanted to participate and receive information on these events.

There you have it...I am on Facebook. Wanna be my friend?


Sunday turned out to be a lazy day. I have a love/hate relationship with lazy days. Why? Well I love them because we don't make plans, we snuggle with the kids and just let the day pass without worries. I hate them because the house always seems to be in worse condition come Monday morning then it was the week prior! But I digress...

I finally made the decision to wean Kara and have her take bottles of formula during the day. As stated above, this little angel is not a fan of bottles in general...let alone putting the dreaded f-word FORMULA in them.

Being the smart mama that I am though, I've been putting formula in with her cereal for the past several weeks just so she could acquire a taste. She is definitely not a fan but she is accepting it more and more each day we are few pictures from our attempt on Sunday.

Hmmmm...what's this?

So I just pick it up and...

...and give it a try.

**coughing and gagging pursues...**

Why Mom Why?

Always ends the same way.

And that was our weekend in review.

The End.


FSD said...

Bobbi, thanks for the comments you added to my blog about nursing. I appreciate the encouragement and tips. Thankfully (or not???), we've done most of what you suggested. The lactation consultant we've worked with said it just takes some babies a little longer to get with the program. Zoe falls into that category. We had a great nursing session this evening, so I hope things are looking up.

Thanks again! I really appreciate it!!

Jenni said...

Loved this post. And your dinner for girls night out sounded yummy, aside from the ashy stake. lol. But the dessert sounded heavenly. The text Chris sent you was pretty funny! I can't believe he was telling you time was up after only 2.5 hours though! LOL Doesn't he know you are with the kiddies 24/7 usually? :)

Poor Kara....loved that last picture with her crying. I don't know why but I love the crying pictures. I think becuase people don't usually take those pictures of their kids. When I go back and look at our Preston pics, there are a few of him crying and I think it is really cute. I also have a little video of him crying when he was only 5 days old and it totally made my heart melt to hear that newborn cry. Awwwe.

So anyway. Welcome to Facebook. :) I finally joined too about 2 months ago. I admit I'm not very good at going on there though. Maybe like once or twice a week. LOL Did you befriend me on there?

Rakefet said...

I tried to find you on Facebook to no avail. Where are you?