Sunday, June 8, 2008

Showers of Happiness


On Saturday, my good friends Jamye and Wendy hosted a shower luncheon at the Viva Restaurant in West Reading. It was a nice gathering of all my girlfriends celebrating the "soon to be" arrival of baby Kara. The food was very good and gifts were very generous.
Wendy, me & Jamye

Wendy showed off her talent with creating awesome invitations, menus and favors. I still haven't seen the invite (hopefully someone saved one!) but I've seen her work for past showers and just know it was beautiful! I was surprised to see a menu that she printed out for everyone showing in detail what the appetizers, entrees and desserts were. The favors (see picture above) were so creative and cute as can be! Thanks Wendall for all your hard work-everything looked great!
The Cute Menu!

Jamye came up with a few games (unique ones might I add!) and we all had fun participating. The first game was called He said/She said- this is where she asked Chris and I to answer the same questions about parenting and the girls had to guess who said which answer. It was a tricky game because my darling husband surprised us all with answers that the girls thought I had said! The second game was called 'The Price Is Right'- baby item version! Jamye had a few items she bought (ie- hangers, baby wash, etc) and the girls had to guess the price of each one and then give her a total...the closest to the actual price wins. Both Wendy and Jen were VERY good at these games!! Thanks Jammers for the putting together the games- you definitely have a hidden talent that you should embrace more- maybe we should start our own event business? ;)


"The Price Is Right!" (GO JEN!)

I feel so blessed to have such wonderful friends. They all took time out of their busy schedules and lives to spend the afternoon with me and baby Kara. Each and every one of you has touched my life in your own special way and I am so lucky to have your support and love! Thanks again for a beautiful shower (even if the weather was almost 100 degrees!). Baby Kara is going to be the best dressed little girl in town!
Kara is already spoiled!!

Jen and me

Lily (Jen's daughter)- she was our entertainment for the day!

Cecelia (Candi's oldest daughter), me & Candi (not pictured- baby Ava)

Kathy, me & Tina

Lauren & me

ONLY 2 MORE WEEKS TO GO!

3 comments:

M.Gunn said...

Man you're lucky!....I never got a shower for this pregnancy, lol. I do have mommy friends in my group bringing me meals after baby however, so that's a great gift too!

Jenni said...

LOL awe you really do look great even though I know from personal experience you probably don't believe that. I don't know why we never believe it when others tell us. But yeah wow you are carrying more out to the sides than I was - I was ALL out front until the last week I started to fill out on the sides too. I have never taken a frontal picture though to prove it,but we look pretty similar. :) Hopefully you will go early though and not over like me...labor dust to us!

christy | brides to booties said...

Bobbers - so sorry I wasn't able to attend...I was definitely thinking of you though while assisting with the Baby Research Mock Shop! It looks like Jamye and Wendy did a nice job organizing/decorating...so wish I could have been there to celebrate with you!